Schedule: Theatrical Bellydance Intensive Feb 20, 2011
Become a flexible feline. Graceful, sensual, fierce, playful, adventurous, lazy , self confident or catty. Fosucing on character development, this movement oriented workshop offers yoga stretches, some individual exploration, movement across the floor and combos around the theme of the cat. To prepare the session at its best, observe a cat or cat sit your friend’s cats…
12.30 pm RANYA
How to use passive vs. active physical approaches, resistance in the body, and breathwork, to tap into your emotions as a performer and create compelling performances.
2 pm – 2.55 pm lunch break + discussion
3 pm BLANCA
“Bellydance Composition: Space”
Effective space design is a key element to engage your audience and look your best. Like a designer who deliberately chooses each graphic element to make her artwork clear and readable, you can choose among all elements of movement to compose your dance.
In this workshop you will learn:
- -The principles of space and how to use them to create engaging dance choreographies and improvisations.
- -Floor patterns that work on any setting, from the tiniest cabaret to the largest stage.
- -The power of levels and how to use it.
- -Configurations for use in group composition.
- -The meaning of each floor pattern, level and configuration
- -Tips to manage unusual situations such as circular and parallel stages.
4.30 pm ASZMARA
Filling the stage with your presence and your dance partner, the veil. Go beyond tricks and technique to creating moving sculptures and images that show your Veiled Expressions.